Monday, February 9, 2009

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for viewing my new website.  Ruthann did a beautiful job don't you think?  She finished it just in time for me to do my first blog. Mark keeps teasing me saying my new name will be Laura Blogner instead of Laura Bogner!

I am leaving for Ohio tomorrow 2/10 and will be gone through Sunday 2/15th. I am going to spend time with my mom who was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer. She had Stage 0 cancer 7 years ago and it has come back this time to the other side. She was scheduled to have a mascectomy this Tuesday but it has been postponed until later this month because she has been sick with bronchitis. She's feeling much better today and I've decided rather than postponing my trip that I'd go spend some time with her.

We plan on doing lots of yoga, getting massages, going out to lunch, watching our favorite movies and obsessing happily on all the things we love. My mom has been a huge influence on me (read my yoga bio) and I feel lucky to be able to be with her. 

I know having cancer sounds awful and having had 2 parents go through it I can tell you it's not fun. I also know from watching some of you go through it personally or with your loved ones that there is still laughter, lots of love, and an even greater appreciation for life. This is what my mom and the rest of my family plan on drawing strength from.

Please keep coming to class at the studio (Nancy's subbing most of my classes and Joan is subbing my Thursday 12:30 class) and send positive thoughts east to Ohio during Savasana!

I love you all and will keep you posted--maybe even with some pics and posts from Ohio.


Love Laura

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Laura. I wish your mom well and am sending all my love and lots and lots of positive energy your way. Enjoy every moment together and I look forward to seeing you next week! Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here - are you back in LA yet? How did it go?
    xox
    amp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, So sorry to hear about your mom! My sister is a 16 year STAGE 4 survivor! Positivity works!

    Holly (from Saturday class)

    ReplyDelete